Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Retrospective Introspective

Thanks Super Rob!

20 years ago I was newly married, at the great U of I studying Biophyics and figuring out how to teach Freshman Chemistry.

15 years ago I was happily living in Ithaca, truly God's Country, studying and using God's true science (local density approximation, for those of you that didn't know this) to prove it was doable to use a computer to model chemotherapeutic drugs.

10 years ago I was a single mom, living with my parents, embracing a new career in QA engineering and realizing my life wasn't over, but a fantastic page had turned and the best was yet to come.

5 years ago I was delightfully remarried, a mom now for the third time and realizing that the best of life is filled with children's wet kisses and snuggling hugs.

A year ago I realized that the dream of having a kitchen bigger than a postage stamp was going to be a reality.

Yesterday I said good bye to a good friend who is moving a way, went shopping with my littlest one, who said, "Mommy, how can that be my Christmas present, I'm here when you are buying it." I replied, "Trust me, it is." (From the clearance bin at R.E.I., down-filled slippers, and really cool wool socks)

5 snacks I enjoy... what snack food don't I enjoy... that is the problem. Hummm... chocolate, nuts, crackers with hot artichoke dip, sushi, most fruits

5 song I know all the words too... I know a lot of songs when they are on the radio, but can't think of the titles now.

5 things I would do with a million dollars - I would share the money with my family and friends, set up a publishing house and publish the fantastic books, stories, and essays that pour forth from the world's most wonderful writing group. Then I'd go to Paris, pour une tasse de cafe, and maybe buy an apartment so I could go home more often.

5 places I would runaway to - Paris, Paris, Paris, Seattle and Seattle (If I'm not home, you only have to look in these two places)

5 things I would never wear - the list is endless, but anything that is tight and makes me look like a bowling pin in spandex.

5 favorite tv shows - The weather channel while I'm doing the treadmill thing. Other than that I watch movies.

5 bad habits - very little patience, over eating, trying to run the world, not saying "no" enough, PMS.

5 biggest joys - my family, my writing, my photography, cooking, enjoying life through the eyes of my children

5 favorite toys - my camera, computer, treadmill, stove, and US-122

5 fictional characters I would like to have dinner with - Martha and Charles Boss, Didi's Helen, RB's April, Stephanie Plum

5 people I tag to do this: Do, or do not. There is no tag.

No comments: