Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Road Less Travelled?

Along with the billions and billions of others we will be travelling over the river and through the woods to feast with family and friends. Usually by now, except for the toothbrushes, everything is packed and ready to go. Not so this year. This year somethings are gathered, but for the rest... it seems to be a catch as catch can. I have a list of things we need to take, including the turkey, stuffing, the pan, a few appetizers and crackers and cherry pie. I packed a few items for the girls to share with their cousins and made sure they know to grab hats and mittens. But that's it. That's all I've done. I think I've skipped over the vacation panic mode and have slipped into the vacation relaxed mode even though I have a mountain of prep work ahead of me. Maybe it's denial. Maybe it's because in some social circles I am old enough to be a grandmother and those calming grandmotherly brainwaves are kicking in. Or maybe it's all that yoga and I've inadvertantly discovered a new way to go through life.

Regardless, it's one of life's gifts and I'll keep it.

No comments: