Monday, April 24, 2006

Genre Switching

Hummmm.... I don't know if poetry is for me...

The Nobscot Niblets put out a group challenge for us to try writing something different for a change. So out of the hat, I picked poetry. You may have noticed that I'm trying it out here.

Be patient... but not kind. If you hate it, say so.

The only way I learn to be a better writer is through honest criticism. I love it when a usual lover of my written word says, "You know, if you roll these pages up real tight, you can use it to swat flies." Now that's being honest.

You have to love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must tell you that Young Adult fiction is DEFINITELY not for me.

Idiot Cook said...

Who tells you to roll up the pages really tight and swat flies???????

DawnApril said...

One word: squirrels.