Thursday, April 13, 2006

Where did the time go?

And why is it almost impossible to find Dr. Pepper in liter or less bottles? You would think I was asking for a miracle. But no, all I wanted was a six pack of bottles of Dr. Pepper. Why bottles not cans you ask? Well, when you are driving, a bottle can be closed so it doesn't spill so easily. And we will be driving soon, and caffeine is a requirement for this under taking.

Today I have been out of my house from before 9 a.m. till a short phone conversation ago with BigMama. I called her to complain about running errands. She had been out running errands too. We had actually been in the same store, buying the same items (When I couldn't find the Dr. Pepper in bottles I resorted to picking up some Easter candy.), but at different times. Mind you I already had enough candy to give a mouthful of cavities to the entire population of a medium-sized third world country -- or a large town in Metrowest... you pick.

In the next hour slot, I have to go get the middle one, the younger one and then the older one from their respective schools. Kissing and hugging each one hundred times, and asking for all the details of their day. Then I am hoping I can sit at this blessed computer and type on the old book. I am really hoping I have the last version completed before the driving commences. After all what does one do in a car for 24 hours, but read.

And I have been thinking about my Niblet assignment to write a poem. Early in the morning, when it's just me and birds, I can feel the words coming. They ring quietly in my mind. Someday, I'll have to gently coax them to flow down my arm, and slip into my fingers. Preferably when I'm holding a writing instrument to paper, and not the steering wheel somewhere in the Carolinas.

1 comment:

Idiot Cook said...

GREAT POST! Love the energy, the similes, and the imagery!!!!