Monday, May 28, 2007

Painting Season is upon us

This morning, after an anniversary ride with the manly motorcycle man, he asked, over a quiet cup of coffee, "What's next?"

"Well," I said, "it's Memorial Day. (Should we make it memorable?) The start of painting season. Aren't there book shelves to be painted?"

Yes, we have wonderful handmade bookshelves my aunt and uncle built. They delivered them primed, and they have been waiting for today. So today, in the middle of the kitchen, I started the painting season with a smile on my face. Smiling because on the painting season docket are the bookcases, one upstairs bedroom, and maybe a bathroom. And the decking outside needs to be resealed... and the basement walls... (my smile is slipping a bit)

Also I sent out six email query letters for Forever Yours. So far two rejections. So I am well on my way to getting my acceptance. I love this time of year.

1 comment:

Idiot Cook said...

Hey, PtCakes, I haven't checked the blog all week. I'm here now and just read all your entries. Really, this is quite wonderful stuff. Find ways to promote your blog more. Congrats on sending out the queries. Keep 'em coming. It will happen. Believe!