Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still not a time for levity

Despite the bright sunshine, there is a heavy cloud hanging over this town. I've gotten emails and talked with neighbors. How could this have happened? The sense of lose and sorrow is just too big. I've kissed my girls a million times over the past day. Told them I love them two million times and let them pick out their choice of vegetable at dinner.

When they were younger and the war fresher, when I sent them off to school, I would worry, what if something happens and I don't see them again? What would I do if this came true? What would I do if a policeman came to my door? Just typing that question, brings tears to my eyes. I don't think anyone can comprehend these circumstances. I don't think anyone can imagine the pain of losing a child, for it must consume you.

I send my prayers to the Valdivia family.

No comments: