Thursday, December 27, 2007

In the quiet of the day

I'm painting. Actually repairing a paint job that has laid fallow for months. But with the girls plugged into the electronic sitter, and the house quiet, I've opted to paint. (Not write... despite the looming deadline.)

This job has been hanging over my head for months, truly. And now that I'm taking my time and having no real expectations of finishing, the end is in sight. Probably not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday soon the addition will be finished. It's only taken three years. Speedy is not my middle name. But on the other hand, no one else was rushing the paint can either.

In my defense of not writing, while painting in the quiet, I have plenty of time to think about what I should be writing. That will get done too; all in good time.

No comments: