Saturday, December 08, 2007

Today is the day

For over six months a group of us have been planning and primping for a Christmas concert at our church. Three other parishes are joining us. Tonight is the night. After tonight, after I return the power strips to the religious ed classrooms, and after I load the sound equipment we rented back into my Rig, and after I host this event -- complete with wearing a dress and makeup, and after we clean up the hall and the lower church, I'll start getting ready for Christmas. I've been waiting for this concert to come, and now I'm waiting for it to go.

It's not that it won't be great. It will. I was at the rehearsal early this week. It's just that it's been a lot of work. Sometimes fun work, sometimes busy work, sometimes frustrating work. I'm looking forward to writing Christmas cards and sitting, and not worrying about the programs, the raffle, or whether there will be enough food to feed the possible 600 guests at the reception to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your concert went well

Anonymous said...

You did it again, we really enjoyed it!! Now you can write your cards. The girls looked so beautiful, got to wear those dresses on the 24th. Love, M