Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yesterday

From the yesterday to do list, all I did was vote. Sorry Starbucks, I can't visit even for a free cup of coffee. We have a neighborhood coffee shop that gets all my caffeinated business. Instead we went ice skating, and raked leaves. We now have a mountain range outside our house. The highest peak reaches to the little ones shoulder.

They wanted to jump in it. I said, "No." Don't get me wrong, all weekend they rolled in pine needles and then proceeded to transport them all around the house: in the kitchen, the living room, littering the stairs and hall, upstairs to their bedroom. The concession was, when the maples drop their leaves, you can jump in them. They don't stick like pine needles.

And Ben and Jerry, sorry again -- but I'm a Spark Person, and you're not in my plan.

Obama won. The country will move forward and hopefully recover.

I heard on the radio this advice, "Vote today. Volunteer tomorrow." It's going to take a nation working together to instill change. A little bit of change on all our part will result in a nationwide turn around.

No comments: