Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm Up

Yesterday I was in and out of the car 3,000 times. Drop off, pick up, drop off, pick up, drop off... pick up, out to lunch, and home for reading, flute, dance, and dinner construction. This is my summer.

Yesterday I announced at dinner that the girls would to solely responsible to cleaning the kitchen, that I was moving off the on deck circle for the evening.

The initial reaction was, how could you. My thought was, why wouldn't I?

I enjoy being the driver for the stars, but I'm finding out that even though I'm not the one rocking out with the boys at music camp, or hanging out with my fellow geniuses in math, that spending the morning hours shuttling is not a passive sport.

So I am up now for my walk. For I find when I make time in the evening, all I want to do is sit and read for mommy. How could I be so selfish?

No comments: