Monday, August 03, 2009

Clamoring

Go ahead and look up clamoring in the dictionary and you will see my life, my family, this household. I live with the Loud Family. The only time they are quiet is when the tube is irradiating them with pixels of light and flooding their ears with sound.

Today I watched as my two little ones clamored for the attention of their playmates. Calling to be the center, repeating their requests, directives, orders and showing off. Quietly I tried to tone down their enthusiasm for the center ring. Reminding them to share with our guests. And not to yell, yell, yell. Each time I was rebuffed with a sulk. At the end, my two were fighting and their friends were off laughing and playing among themselves.

Afterwards, I reviewed the events and asked, "Did you notice how your friends moved away from your fighting and yelling? Did you noticed they were seeking out a quieter area for play?" No answers. And why would they. They never have an answer.

I do hope they out grow their desires to control every breath taken within a 4 mile radius of their being. Or pretty soon they will be voted off the island. And no amount of gentle reminding will get a recount.

2 comments:

MamaDee said...

They are such sweethearts - I'm sure in the end that sweetness will outshine the madness. :)

P.H. said...

It does. Today has been a stellar day.