Monday, August 24, 2009

Mom's secret is out

And just what is my secret? It's the quiet time between 5 and 7 AM that I used to be able to call my own.

Morning person or late owl, I suspect these tendencies are genetic, for growing up and still to this day in their own homes, my family is chalk-a-block full of early risers. And now my children, as I type, are up in the kitchen getting their breakfast.

It will be interesting to see if they get up so readily once school resumes next week. I don't know if I am excited about restarting the rat race. We have had a summer full of hiking, art, camping, fighting off slugs and other garden grazers, music, fishing, reading, math and more. I much prefer the laid back cooler days of summer, over the tightly scheduled days. But such is life.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

I know how much you value your "me" time. I appreciate the time that I can call my own. The boys start school tomorrow and today I wished desperately for the last morning that I had to myself to last forever. Tomorrow the house will be buzzing by 6 and everyone will be out the door by 7.