Thursday, February 03, 2011

Like Michelangelo paints...


My favorite Martin Luther King Jr quote is:

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

Well over the past two storms I have had the distinct pleasure of watching and admiring the snowblower work of my husband. Maybe it's all the practice he's had this winter... My shoveling work done, I stand in awe. Not only does he meticulously clear our driveway, but he re-does most of the plowed driveway of our neighbors. Just so they don't get stuck.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

I love that quote as well.