Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

With the school year winding down the schedule is pushing full throttle. I mount the driver's seat early morn and alight moments before dinner is expected on the table. Unbelievable. Today started with a Backyard Science session. The fifth grader said it went well, but I know public speaking is not my calling. Then I spent in hour in the school courtyard with some second graders. Technically we were cleaning up a few of the flower beds, but really we were doing that Backyard Science thing I had just spoken about. For in the beds were okra pods from last year's planting. Unbelievable. So we transplanted some pretty asters to make room for an okra patch. We also saw some wonderful insects. I wish I had more time to spend out there -- maybe tomorrow.

But it was off to a band concert at Jordan's Furniture. I know, it sounds like a weird venue -- but it works, and the kids have fun. Great concert -- by the way. And then after some promised errands I raced back to school to catch the school's symphony concert. Another lovely music event.

Tomorrow is quieter. The fifth grader is off on a field trip which I politely declined to chaperon. The little one has her last reading tutoring session for the semester. We owe her tutor a debt of gratitude. For without her efforts I fear the reluctant reader would be repeating the grade. And then there is the high schooler, who is slogging through finals.

Soon it will be over, and cries of boredom will fill the land. Joy of joys...

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

My middle schoolers are the throws of exams and already with these half days - the cries of boredom are ringing in our house! Good luck, your week sounds as crazy as mine.