Monday, June 08, 2009

The new gal in town

Saturday, moments before Nana's funeral, we got the news that there would be a new gal in town. That day, after 6; we were to come over to meet her. And as I waited in the church for the Mass to begin I thought about how on this very sad day, that there were still pockets of extreme joy; and events to be celebrated. That this one introduction has been so highly anticipated that I didn't think any of us could sit still.

Since February our world has been waiting for her. There have been weekly questions surrounding her birth, her sisters, brothers, and her arrival. Songs have been sung. And there have been in depth discussions about long walks in the woods, and chew toys.

And now she is here, and there is such delight in the air.

4 comments:

Ms. Zuba said...

Hey Patty,
I am sorry to hear about your Nana. I've been out of touch lately, but know I'm thinking of you. And the new gal is quite pretty.

Tammy H. said...

She is beautiful! Welcome to the newest member of the family!

P.H. said...

She is not our's, but happily living with a friend. We visit, get her all wound up and then go home; like grandparents. :-)

Amara said...

All the better to sleep at night. Babies, and dare I say it, puppies can be at their cutest when they go to someone else's house at night!