Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On The First Day of Summer...

my children said to me...

Can we watch TV.
I'm bored.
There is nothing to do.
I don't want to read now.
I don't want to write now.
I don't want to practice now.
I don't like math.
There is nothing to do.
Can Libby, Jane, Janice, Mike, Denise, Martha, Charlie, and William, all come over...
What's to eat?
There is nothing to eat.
Can I have cookies for breakfast?
Can I have chocolate chips for snack?
I hate that. What's for dinner?
There's nothing to do...

I am vowing to get up extra early so I get some quiet time. Some time to get on the treadmill, with a few minutes left over to blog. Then maybe I can grab some banjo time. I might even lay about in the hammock when the sun finally decides to come out. Yeah, and I'll read my book, smile and say all is good -- even when there is nothing to do.

4 comments:

my backyard said...

Hope you enjoyed your quiet time this morning

P.H. said...

I did... weeding, and deslugging the quiet garden.

Tammy H. said...

The same song is playing at our house. Except, we fix it...with chores. Today was painting day - the garage doors, the fence and then a treat - lunch at Doreen's.

P.H. said...

Chores here would have brought on wailing and the gnashing of teeth. Maybe even some renting of clothing as well... :-0 Another words, tantrums of biblical proportion.