Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Tevas

Today was a mom and daughter birthday celebration. A little shopping at the favorite girl store, a little mall crawl, a little brunch, and then it happened: a little step on the side of my old faithful Tevas. The strap let go, and my decision whether to hold a Teva retirement party was made.

Our next stop was REI. Where I flapped it up the stairs to the shoe department, asked for a new pair: size 9. Tried them on, paid for them, and wore them out.

"What are you gonna do with the old shoes?" asked the birthday girl.

"Bronze'em," was my answer. But that's not the truth. With a little bit of fanfare they ended up in the upright.

I do miss them, but the new ones are oh so comfortable, like the old ones used to be.

1 comment:

MamaDee said...

wow! You rival Rob for the longest running tevas! So sad. Amazingly his still hang together. I re-velcroed them about 5 yrs ago, so I figure he's good for another 5 anyway... barring any accidents of course. :)