Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Beat Goes On


Thankfully, after our little trip to the children's medical wonderland in Boston, life has picked up right where it left off.

Last evening the little ones were outside building a fort in the swing set. Over goodnight kisses they mentioned installing a pulley system with some of their dad's hardware and their sister's skateboard. Then they asked it we had any spare plywood so they could put down a better floor and walls. I had to admire their initiative, but I quickly, without requiring breathe or thought, said, "No." Yes, I am great at getting to the hospital, but that doesn't mean I want the route in my autopilot regime.

While the construction was looming outside the eldest was pressed over her AP Stats. Head down, she plowed through the problems with barely a wimper. As a younger person I endured stats for the sake of research. I pray she doesn't require tremendous amounts of assistance with this course. But then again, there is that silver lining, I would surely learn it for real if I had to attempt to explain it, for real.

And me, I was hot on the trail of parish calendar sponsorship. Two hours on the phone and I am half way to having our 2010 full color, full sized, with a center hole calendar fully funded. But it is the first half that is always easy, and the last half of gathering funding that makes you (and me) wonder whatever possessed me to take this project on again.

So anyone out there want to promote your business through sponsoring a month in our parish calendar? Email me.

No comments: