Friday, September 25, 2009

Where do you get your ah - ha moments?

Just where do you get your ah-ha moments; those ultra creative ideas that are pinnacle? For me, they come at the point where I am almost wake, or when I am in the shower, always in the shower. I'll be applying the shampoo and have a vision. Yesterday it was a stained glass project, complete and in color. With my eyes clenched, I held the image pin pointed between my eyes until I got access to paper and pen to draw it out. The day before I woke up with what seemed like an endless list of possible marketing ideas, and today it was a letter to be fired off to the school.

I find it so amazing how these perfect ideas just come to be. BOOM! and they're there; fully developed, without any conscious effort. Now, if the complete plot of my next book would lend itself to such a moment, now that would be golden.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I had a dream lately with one distinct image that startled me into waking -- and I wrote it down, and it's now turning into a screenplay.

Tammy H. said...

My writing is often that way, and always when I am just in bed comfy and cozy and not anywhere near the computer or pen and paper.

Anonymous said...

We had an Ah-Ha moment in Vienna when we heard the orchestra play, two ballet dancers and two opera singers!! Another was where Sound of Music took place - what a privilege to be there, see and hear!

Kris said...

Stained Glass? I'm looking to sell some old stained glass supplies... tools, lots of glass, books, etc. $100 takes all! It's all still at the old house but I'll dig it out for interested parties!