Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm not the only one

As I went around yesterday wearing my "Life Is Good" tshirt as a gentle reminder that life is indeed good, no matter the crisis, I heard from other people that they too are in a similar situation.

Tired from the schedule. Attempting to merge two or three different playtime schedules with life. Mixing camp with the desire to go swimming with friends. Is it a summer time thing? Are we trying to cram too much fun and excitement into a few short weeks? God knows I love summer best. I prefer playing and doing fun activities with my children rather than homework... with the exception of algebra. (For with algebra I'm having a long standing love affair. But that's another story.)

Yesterday, I carved out some time to learn more about spinning. My partner in wool and I visited another friend of her's that spins on a wheel. The idea was to sit on her lawn, watch our angels play, while we dicussed fibers and saw her wheel in action. Maybe even take it for a turn or two. Heaven. But heaven with a slant. My swethearts can't tie water ballons and I am a mom with a talent and skinny fingers.

The first few were fine, but then I thought they were lining up just to keep me from my roving. With each request, I was finding myself biting my tongue and looking at the other moms as if to silently say, "Even here, with all these other kids to play with..." And now when I think back, they were being so good. I am very proud of them for playing so well with children they had just met. So, really -- who am I to complain about twenty or so water ballons.

While spinning we joked about going a way for a week -- no interuptions. It sounded wonderful. Peace and spinning. And I have a weekend coming to me. A weekend away to do whatever I want, (the list is not that exciting), and go wherever I want... Paris... maybe, but I'm not the exciting either.

One mom said, her momentary dream was to go to a hotel room and read a book. I smiled. I get to read between 4 and 6 in the morning. No hotel bill required.

Life is good, very good.

No comments: