Thursday, July 19, 2007

One More Day and Counting


My family and I have been counting the days until Deathly Hallows since the presales started in April. Hearing the rumors of Harry dying, Harry loses his powers, and every other scenerio possible under the wizarding sky. The little ones have been singing and creating dance moves to the tune Quidditch Ball, (a morph of the tune of Pinball Wizard) by Al Yankovic, at least 20 out of the 24 hours in a day. They are preparing for the school talent show next April.

There is talk of going to two midnight parties. Afterall we can't show favoritism when it comes to our local book sellers. A reading list is posted. I get it first -- I preordered it, (I may have put two orders in -- just to be safe) then the oldest, the the manly motorcycle man, then the little ones... when they can get to it. And just to make sure we are all sufficiently Potterized, I took the little ones to the movie yesterday afternoon. The littlest one was perched upon my lap the entire time. "I'm waiting for Voldemort." was her excuse. (Note that she has no trouble saying his name.) My sweet other one was gripping my arm at all the appropriate times. It was nice to be such a source of total protection.

I know in my heart that Harry must live. After reading all the books and seeing this last movie now twice, I know in JK Rowling's world that the power of friendship and love overcomes all obstacles. I think I would like to live in her world.

1 comment:

Laura said...

see you at Paul's!