Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sometimes I wish I had a big tub

Sometimes I wish I had a tub big enough to completely submerge. It wouldn't have to have fish in it. But it would be nice to sit at the bottom and think. The noise of day to day reduced to some far off gurgling; easy to ignore.

One of these mornings the children are going to find me soaking in our thimble of a bath. My eyes closed. My head lopped over. A ear lying just above the surface of the water. And when they ask, "What are you doing?" I'll tell them, I pretending I'm a hippo at the zoo, without the fish. And they'll say, "Yes, I can see the family resemblance."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ability to hold your breathe for long periods of time, so you can survive the tides that rush around you.

Thicken Skinned to take the comments of those you love in time of stress.

Poor eye sight so that you do not see the miss-queues of those you love.

Ferocity to protect those you love for the outside environment.

Caring to teach those you love to be on there own.

Yup, I see the resemblance.

Your lucky!

Anonymous said...

Love your description, "our thimble of a bath"