Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Deadlines and Commitments

"what to put in... what to leave out..."

Isn't there a song that goes something like that? Is there a life, that doesn't feels something like that? I've noticed this blog has several reoccurring themes: the passage of time and being overly committed. Which of course, helps time to fly by all the faster.

Lately is it one step forward, 47 steps back. I'm trying to get the trim in our bedroom stained and urethaned. It's stained, and parts urethaned... and when I took the blue paint safe tape off... it peeled up all the paint under it. So now after I finish urethaning the rest of the trim, I have to sand, reprime and repaint a one inch strip along all the woodwork. Just thinking about it makes me tired. Not to mention the curtains that have to be made for the bedroom and the office.

I am trying to get deadlines off my desk. Those I did to myself. But face it, and admit it, WHO doesn't like to have a byline? My name is ptcakes, and I LOVE having a byline. I want to be a big writer someday. I want to get my book published. I want to start writing another book. I want to write, write, write, NOT paint, stain, or sand.

No word on my camera... it's been less than a week. It seems like a lifetime. Maybe I'll be a big photographer too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is in your genes!!!

A very talented woman and you use all your God given talents. The trouble is there aren't enough hours in the day.

Love, Mom