Monday, October 01, 2007

Kids and Cameras

I love digital photography. Imagine having to get the film developed to see all the wonderful pictures your children snap off when they borrow your camera. BUT my big question is: With a SLR camera, HOW can you get a picture like this? You look, you see, you click.

Borrowing my camera. It's like asking if I would loan you my right arm, left leg and squeeze out an eyeball while I'm at it. It happens, but only on rare occasions.

Actually, my camera is going in for a repair. It's not right. After over 14,000+ images, it just doesn't act and feel like it used to. That, and the flash mechanism doesn't always retract when it's suppose to. After next weekend, I'll lovingly pack it in a box, ship it off, and then sit by the door waiting for it to return. They say, 7 to 10 days. It will be a lifetime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know those elbows!

I see the feelings of the child lost in the conversation with a room full of adults. Trying to battle to be seen at the party while everyone else is so much taller than her. Maybe the shooter is looking for a way to enter the conversation so she can feel important to those around her? Or maybe she found a great way to waste mom’s battery life of her camera.

Hey, caption the picture...

A child's view of the Party

You will make a million dollars!

And just think will not have to share it with the subject matter because their face did not make it into the picture!

Hmmm, I remember hearing of a similar situation in the past.

Question, have you learned to well from Edmund Burke’s quote, Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it?

Or maybe a quote from the great Oscar Wilde Where art is imitating life?

No need to find the exact quotes, when I look at this picture I will laugh and smile for the time that I had was good.

kris said...

14,000+ photos and it needs repair? Oh something is not right... I'm at around 45,000 in the 17 months I've owned my baby and it's... we'll I best not say anything or I'll jinx it I suppose.

P.H. said...

I know. I'm limping along until after my father-in-law's funeral, and then it's into the shop.

Congrats on 45,000+. That's wonderful.