Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleepless In...

Ahhh... all is right in my corner of the world. It's dark outside and I'm up, and working on the latest slide show project. This one is a bit different. The pictures were delivered without a lot of this is so and so, and this happened when... so I don't have the same feeling for this family as I have had for others. Still, it's interesting to watch the children and grandchildren grow up as the grandparents grow older; to get a long playing snap shot into someone else's life. To notice that their kitchen cabinets look like ours. Or to admire their build in shelving without stepping foot into their home.

For me, it's the marriage between the music and the images. Getting the timing, listening to the words, finding the spirit that moves each frame along. And then there is the nervousness: I hope they like it. I pray for tears, laughter and the satisfaction of a life well spent.

No comments: