Friday, October 05, 2007

Tired Eyes

Did you ever have tired eyes? Eyes that wouldn't stay closed, but struggle to remain open. Since I'm not a great typist, tired eyes make for very difficult writing.

Usually lazily pursuing my way through a young adult novel, I'm buried in By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept by Paulo Coelho. Thigh deep, the one theme that stands out is miracles are around us. You just have to look for them. The other day while out food shopping, I wondered what miracles I'd come across in my travels. Not soon after that I saw an old acquaintance in the cereal aisle. We touched, and there was a homecoming. Thoughts of a bygone day. Was it better back then? Was that my miracle?

Tired eyes, some days feeling older than others; half closed. Do they see the miracles? Veiled, do they sweep away life's hard edge?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it to the son of the woman.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I'm also a big Paulo Coelho fan and I don't know if you’ve heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check out the blog, if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html

You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Life always waits for some crisis to occur
before revealing itself at its most brilliant."

See you there and have a great day!
Aart