Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gifts only a sick child can bring you

After writing yesterday's, dare I say, essay, I started thinking about all the wonderful things I had experienced since the cherubs contracted the common neighborhood viral strain. And that list far outweighs any pile of complaints I could come up with. What do you think?
  • took a nap with the cherub in the unbunked bed
  • played chess
  • did homework (A mom favorite when it involves math or writing.)
  • made pizza for lunch (I never have anything so extravagant when I'm home alone.)
  • played more chess
  • found out my cherub has been reading my Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess book
  • learned how to tune a banjo (i was desperate.)
  • had a tickle fight
  • snuggled on the couch
  • played more chess while cozied in my bed
  • learned how to read music and play the banjo at the same time (It's like walking and chewing gum; hard at first, but keep trying.)
  • played in a flute banjo duet

The fever broke yesterday. The school rule is fever free for 24 hours before they can return. I'm on the fence. Is it off the school, so she doesn't miss anymore? It will be 18 hours fever free... Or is it, stay home and play chess with mommy, cozied under the covers, then learning cross stitch?
Tough choice.

decision made: School is canceled due to weather.

2 comments:

Laura said...

haha, let's hear it for snow days! my kid is already driving me crazy!

Anonymous said...

I love this one! You make staying at home so much more than caring for a sick child. Days to remember and cherish!
PrajnaD