Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tying Up Lose Ends

Everyone has a to do list for a rainy day. Lately I've been checking off my life's to dos.

- brew beer (check)
- make mead (check)
- concoct lemoncella (check)
- learn how to play the banjo (in process... no recording gig soon)
- knit, spin, sew, quilt (almost check...)
- buy Sketchers (check)

Other items were:
- more walking for exercise
- maple sugaring
- write a novel

Strange on a day to day basis I feel I lead a very boring, stay at home mom life. But when you put it down on paper, there is a different story being told. I guess on those days when life doesn't come screaming to your door, it's time to do a bit of screaming on your own behalf.

What's next on the list?
- get the novel published... harder said than done.
- build a banjo. But first I have to learn how to play.
- sing in more places than our church... scary but true
- teach classes on maple sugaring. Truly it's a way for me to learn more about this passion. I'll be at a local larger sugar shack giving tours to school groups and scout troops. I called another local sugarer to see if he was interested in giving tours as well. He would have been, but he's going out of town. He's already tapped his trees; lucky duck. I have to wait. I chat with this kindred spirit only in the late winter, to check in, to make sure all is right and he'll be tapping. I'm happy to report all is better than right. Another check for the to do list.

What's on your list?

No comments: