Sunday, February 24, 2008

I have a second book

For a year I've had Forever Yours in the can, so to speak, and sitting on a shelf. For a year I've ponder the advice of others to start writing the next book. For a year with no plot in mind I've scribbled other dribble, but now I have the plot. And strangely enough, with this arrow in my quiver, I'm now able to make the final edits, and get Forever Yours off my desk. It's strange. All this time I've rested upon this book, figuratively and literally. Was I afraid to let it go? Afraid that it was my first and last book? Afraid I could write no other?

Plot notes: in no specific order --
Two years have passed.
Jeff, Melody and Sarah are the best of friends.
Martha and Sarah become close; no brainer here.
Martha dies.
With very little communication between the families word comes that Carolyn's mother dies. Carolyn must come to live with the Cahills.
Carolyn moves into Sarah's room with Sarah.
What is the impact? Are the girls still friends? What about Bobbie? Can Charles help? Is Charles still around? Can Sarah help Carolyn deal with her lose? How does this intruder effect Melody's and Sarah's friendship?

It feels good to have a plot again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!

Idiot Cook said...

Hey, I like this! Yay conflict! Yay SERIES!!! All good...keep writing.

Steve said...

Hi Patty. Haven't read your blog in ages. Glad I picked today to check it out. That's great news. A completed sequel may help sell the first one.