Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Two kids, two days, two buckets

Saturday kid 1 was sick, throwing and missing the bucket. Last night, kid 2, picked up where kid 1 left off. And like kid 1 she threw and missed, hitting her brand new American Girl magazine and rug. She was very upset about the magazine. So, as of last night, we have two buckets out in strategic locations, to accent our two bathrooms.

I had to cancel my day. And until I started making calls, I hadn't realized just how busy I was. AM bike ride for exercise, (I'm still beating back my thighs), lunch with an old friend, (I would've had a salad), and an interview to rewrite an article with a pending deadline. I told the editor that I'm not sitting around waiting for him to get back to me with rewrites. So when he slips in a deadline, there has to be a smidgen of give and take. He will need more, due to illness.

Instead today I will finish the second set of drapes for my room, and start working on a set of valences for another. I will also continue to tackle our fish tank, (it is clearing up), and maybe get outside to do some gardening.

... I could work on the rewrite. Some of the editor requested info are in my notes from the interviews. I guess I could squeeze in a few minutes at the computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids sick? I did not know this... Maybe I do not want to watch legs run? Hmmm, and I was thinking about taking them too for the weekend.

Wonder what you would have done with a weekend to yourself.

Oh well, easy come and easy go

Talk to you!

Peace and Love,
Bro