Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Two venues; two dates; two ponies to ride

I am entrenched in the planning my parent's 49 and half anniversary, and a parish picnic. One is on August 16th and the other is September 14th. And me being who I am, told the farmer with the pony rides that we'd need two ponies for two hours for, you got it, the wrong date. Right place, but wrong date... Unfortunately they can't make the real parish picnic. So, do I keep the arrangement and have my folks arrive for their fancy dinner on ponies?

Yesterday, before learning of my mistake, I joked with them, saying we'd have pony rides... We still could.

Working with a parish committee is always interesting, in an odd, need a good sense of humor, and strong drink, kind of way. Last week, we met, we set the picnic place, time, venue, and then I started making phone calls. Of course, I arranged ponies for the wrong date, but that is my issue. Three days ago there was an email questioning our lovely parish picnic location. I poo-poo'd it; replying -- "Oh that's all set."

Then yesterday another email, same issue. This time, I ignored it, figuring it was just bits bouncing on the internet wind. Last night, there was the phone call... The upshot is the Pastor thinks the location is too far away. So we'll change the location. Hey maybe we'll change the date, and get those pony rides reinstated again.

We just can't change it to August 16th. I'm pretty sure, I'm busy that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do not tell my child that there will be pony rides at Nana and Grandpa's Anniversary Dinner. I do not think I would get her to eat her vegtables or meal for that matter if there was a pony out in the parking lot for her to ride.

But if you need a cook for the grills! Sign me up! you have done so much for us that I would love to help you out. Just check with the jewel and make sure I am free that day.

BTW, I think we are coming over and drinking with you this Saturday. I mean spending time with you. What can we bring? Brisket, Pulled Pork? Prime Rib? or a good vegan dinner? Your call.

Ride on dude, the sun it out!

Love,
Bro

P.H. said...

Okay, you can cook for our picnic.

Yes, come on up!!! If you want to bring food, bring food. Make my day. Legs has a track meet in the AM, I think. You can come for that too, if you want.