Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two down... 178 to go...

No, I won't carry this theme for all 180 school days, but it is showing me in real time that time does indeed fly. Our long awaited for summer is a wash in memories. For me, all tied up in a once bright, but fading, orange hat.

We're into the school year two days, and so far, knock on my gray matter, all is going fine. Butcept the bus. They hate the bus, because we now share the bus route with a neighboring school and when my children get on the bus all the good seats are taken. Clearly demonstrating: One only knows happiness when one has something to complain about.

We had a calendar meeting today. The vote was 3 - 0 for color, ie the black and white photos just don't do the event justice. So, it is back out, tired feet pounding the sidewalks, looking for more funding. We are $2,400 short to print in color.

Truly this is a pounding the sidewalk kind of deal. While walking this evening I approached one business man I know, who was enjoying the cooling air. At least he gave me his company card and told me who to talk to in the morning. (I also hit up our eye dr. when we were in for a check up and new glasses this afternoon.)

Any companies out there care to sponsor one month in a World Youth Day calendar that will be made free to our sponsors and parishioners? The cost is $250.

No comments: