Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Christmas List

One of my Christmas movie favorites is "The Christmas List." In the movie, the main character, Melody Parris, is urged to write a 1980s greedy Christmas List. Trying to make some sense out her life, as a cathartic exercise she writes a list which including such items as a new job, new clothes, a car, contact lenses, an engagement ring. No sooner is the list delivered to Santa and she starts getting all her heart's desires but with a twist.

Her new job is a demotion. The car, she won in a raffle, but she has to share it. She gets $5000 out of her Christmas account, uses it for a down payment on a store front only to find out the money was mistakenly given to her. Her boss steps on and crushes her glasses. It goes on, it gets better -- rent the movie.

Given how well 49 has been going, I have been contemplating writing my own list, but I'm afraid of the backlash. Still what would I write down...

and if forced to be greedy I would have to submit to the jolly old elf: A Cooper Mini. Please no plastic models... just the real deal.

2 comments:

Tammy H. said...

We'll have to give the movie a watch, don't think I've ever seen it.

P.H. said...

You'll love it.