Thursday, December 24, 2009

O Holy Night

A few nights ago my dad called to say he had heard a guy playing the banjo with Steve Martin on a local news show; lucky dad. But lucky me, because dad called to give me the guy's website, tonybanjo.com. Well the banjo player is Tony Trischka and he has the tablature for O Holy Night for free. So of course I printed it out and have been trying to play my favorite Christmas carol ever since. I even took the music to my lesson, and Arthur and I worked on it.

Arthur loved the arrangement. Besides being my favorite carol, I love the fact that the arrangement is a great vehicle for learning chord placement. All those hours of Arthur trying to make me see the relationships among the chords and this piece actually uses some of these relationships. Lucky me again.

No comments: