Sunday, November 21, 2010

Check, check, check... Can you hear me now?

Working on the Revolution: 13 days and counting, has given me the opportunity to model for my children how to attack a project: A little bit each day.

I can remember getting those huge school assignments and being so totally overwhelmed that I didn't know where to start. Panic ensued. Nothing got accomplished until something was scribbled up on poster board. Done. Not quite.

Pick, pick, pick... tiny tasks... little by little. Last night, beat by 8, I went to bed. But along the way I grabbed my knitting bag. (There's more than knitting in there.) And while waiting for my brain and eyes to realize I was now prone and ready to sleep, I sorted out the lunch rotation and put the finishing touches on the job chart. The sound and hardware check are today after Mass. The sound team is a great bunch. I'm looking forward to seeing them today.

Jobs remaining, and not necessarily mine, are: Registration and charting the table set up; and to buy more water and fruit... and to bake brownies for 400... (I'm sure there is more...)

The cherry is a dear friend's husband volunteered to pick up the speaker at Logan. I don't have to drive the gauntlet to the airport in the dark. YIPEEEEE!!! I am sure the speaker, if he knew of my fears of driving in the city at night, would be dancing right about now too.

No comments: