Thursday, November 04, 2010

I've Been Robbed!

Not really, for it is all in how you look at things.

Last night, after a day of yo-yo driving, errands and a meeting, I went to bed early; 9:35 read the clock. With visions of being up at 1, or 2, instead of the usual 3 or 4:30, the last thing I said to my husband was, "I wonder how long I'll sleep tonight?" We both chuckled as we drifted off.

Insomnia is no laughing matter. It ruins people's lives. Makes people sick, and have poor performance at their jobs. But for me, it's the norm with which I have grown accustomed. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I slept through the night... until last night. This morning, when I was awoken by the alarm, my first reaction was shock, followed by panic.

I'm late! I'm behind!

Still, with 4 extra hours under the covers, I didn't want to get out of bed.

As far as being robbed; not really.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Glad to hear that you had a decent night's sleep.