Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Somedays

Folding laundry the other day, I was shocked at the length of the little one's pants. If hurried, they could easily be confused with those of her sisters. I'm amazed by how time marches by. And I'm thankful she will still hold my hand as we walk to school.

I never saw myself as one of those moms who glom onto their children; not willing to let them grow. But as the oldest is setting her sites on college, I do halfheartedly ask, "Can I have a sleep over at your dorm?" She doesn't even look up from her homework. She doesn't even need to take a breath before answering, "No."

I'm not ready for our next big step.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

I know what you mean - every time I think that in five years all the boys will be in college and gone from here, I cry. Seems only yesterday they were content to snuggle with me.