Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Do Not Disturb

The other night the phone rang. It wasn't oh my god someone has died late. It was probably only 8:30... even so I was in bed. My eyes opened to my husband looking at the caller ID, announcing the name and handing me the receiver.

"Hello..."

"Were you asleep?"

"Yes, but no worries. After this past weekend, I need to catch up."

The call went on to hit the highlights of the last few days (as the caller and I were together for much of it) and then we talked about future events and the planning thereof. For it takes a village to plan parish events.

But it also takes some down time.

Someone else made the comment, "I don't know how you keep everything straight in your head." The truth be told -- me neither. And sometimes I don't. A clear sign the plate is too full and my meatball has rolled off of the table, and on to the floor. And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door. (Now that song synapse hasn't fired for a long time.)

Delegation: the act of keeping all your meatballs in a row.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Yes, every once in a while we need some meatball collection time. Rest up.