Thursday, June 09, 2011

Poison Ivy

We all have heard about poison ivy. I am assuming the majority of us, at 20 feet, could pick out its shiny leaves of three from a woodland line up, and still many of us have inadvertently come in contact with it. Itching to beat the band, and declaring calamine lotion as our new best friend.

Inappropriate social media behavior is like poison ivy that won't clear up -- ever. Once an email, image, tweet, fb, video or blog post is out on the internet, there is no getting it back. If intriguing enough, for good or bad, and the word viral comes to mind.

Rule of thumb: If you don't want your mother to read it or see it, don't send it.

BTW: HI MOM!

4 comments:

jeff noel said...

Nice post. I used to get poison ivy just from hearing the words.

Patty Hebert said...

Hopefully you won't get it from viewing this image.

Anonymous said...

So that is what it looks like! I never knew...

But also, I have never been alergic to it either. Man, I rip up pounds of this stuff everyday around my yard. I thought it was just weed. Ha Ha it is!

Love your bro

Tammy H. said...

Good advice, often our perceived online anonymity gets the better of us and some of us, especially the high school and college set, forget that pictures or comments may haunt us down the road.