Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To Bee or Not To Be

My walking route takes me past a patch of milkweed. And every time I pass, I check the stalks for monarch butterfly caterpillars. None yet; but I have enjoyed watching the flowers develop and bloom. And today I got to visit with this busy bee.

While walking, sometimes I just walk, other times I listen to my mp3 player. Today, I opted for the player and Gurumayi's talks from the year 2002, in which she talks about abiding in silence. There are many topics she brings up in each (approximately) 70 minute talk that one can spend a lifetime pondering. The one topic that struck a chord today is, "Think well of others. And think well of yourself."

How often do we see the good in others, but we hold ourselves shackled to past deeds? There can be no growth if we are not willing to be as generous with ourselves as we are with others.

4 comments:

Tammy H. said...

Great picture! So true. Sometimes we are the hardest on ourselves and we shouldn't be.

Patty Hebert said...

Amazingly enough I took it with my phone.

jeff noel said...

The 1st victory is with self. It is transformational because it frees us in the truest sense of the word.

Patty Hebert said...

It's also the most difficult victory.