Saturday, May 19, 2007

I AM THE ANTI-SOCCER MOM!

Am I the only person on the face of the earth that sees a problem with kids, supposedly playing soccer for the fun of the game or for exercise, when it is 45 degrees and raining? They're not professionals. There's no big contract or monetary disputes and wranglings. They're teenagers. The most they're going to get out of today is a good dose of team perpetuated pneumonia.

Yes, my soccer star went off with her dad. They've been doing this for years; happily. While I stay at home and wonder. What would happen if sensibility took over and on cold rainy days the players stayed home?

Mind you, I've been out there on warm rainy days, still chilled to the bone, (I've never warm.)watching and cheering. But today, for me -- I was hitting the check mail button every 10 seconds hoping for that message that would relax the childhood guilt of missing a game, and send the star back upstairs for an other hour of sleep.

No comments: