Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My 15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, almost 1 minute of FAME

Usually this blog gets hit 10 or so times a day. (Thank you for coming.) Somedays, especially when my mom is surfing the net, (HI MOM!), it's a few more. And then if I log in from some other computer, besides the one it calls home, another is added to the daily total.

But there have been a few times when I commented on national tragedies, or town happenings, where a few more readers find this site, and the sitemeter goes to a crazy 29 or 34. It was during one of these times that a newspaper reporter discovered my writing, and quoted this blog in the local newspaper. Imagine, drinking that first morning coffee, it doesn't matter that it's decaf, and reading... something like... a local blogger, ptcakes.blogspot.com said it like this.... I was shocked, Oh my God -- there's my blog! Then surprised, and a little amazed. I sent off an email, full of thanks for being quoted. But by emailing I revealed who ptcakes really is, a mild mannered mother of active children, and wife of the manly motorcycle man. Still, being a writer, I'll admit, it's nice to be noticed for one's writing -- even though it's just a blog. (Did I really type that???)

The almost FAME hit this weekend. An email arrived carrying the question from the very nice reporter, "Would you like to be interviewed for a newspaper article on local bloggers?"

Again the wave of shock, was followed by surprise and amazement. Someone wanted to write a newspaper article about me. WOW! And then I asked, "WHY me?"

The answer: Blogging is such a phenomenon. And you are a local blogger. Reasonable enough, except that the article would put a name to the writing. I said I'd have think about it. Actually I quickly polled two friends. Would you, could you give them your name? Would you, could you, knowing life might not be the same?

It was one for and one against. Great for getting your book noticed! What about the kids?

What if the truly wonderful soccer coach, really he is, discovered behind my warm smile lurks the chilled to the bone anti-soccer mom. Or what if the little ones heard that their latest attempts at flying off the swing set were being told and retold around the world? Not really, but what if?

p.t.cakes offers this Young Adult novelist a place to write about life, my life, my childrens' lives, my manly motorcycle man. It's a place were I can remind myself of that there is humor in split milk, or in filling the water gun up from the birdbath and then squirting your sibling in the face. A place where I can reflect and write about hopes, and fears. If I give them my name, then that's all gone.

So here is my 3 or 4 minutes of fame, or at least how long it took you to read this entry. And to end it all, a quote:

I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High

I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
Fame

I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame
Fame

I'm gonna live forever
Baby remember my name

Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember
Remember


ptcakes

No comments: