Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm finding my desk

and discovering it is quite a nice spot for finally completing the rewrites on my book.

Today, I'll be handing off my first ever, for real, for real pay, (NO, not really IRS), digital slideshow. Oh I've made, it seems like, hundreds of these productions, but this was the first time someone came to me with a stack of pictures and said, "Can you do this?" Instead of me approaching them and saying, "Look what I can do for you? And hey, I'll do it for the price of the disk and case!"

Two nights ago we reviewed it. Yesterday I burned the copies and watched them all... back to back. Just to make sure they all worked.

I still have two projects on my desk, but they are waiting for Author's Tea and a few more pictures of someone special. And these projects fall in the "FREE" category, so they don't really count until crunch time.

So, as I do the rewriting, cutting down, elaborating, combining, and shifting, I am still chasing that illusive query letter. The pitch, the hook, the bait, that will cause agents to trip over themselves to get a chance to read more of Forever Yours.

I hate writing. But it's something I just can't live without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!