Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The many shapes and sizes of gifts

Gifts come in a multitude of shapes and sizes. Some are wrapped in bright shiny paper, adorned with ribbons. Others come in paper sacks, stuffed with tissue. Some come from the heart, not needing wrapping at all. And then others are a phone call away.

This morning the phone rang, and a gift was given to me for the day. A sweet, lovable, little girl, whose sitter's daughter was too sick to play. So today, I was given the gift of play. I also received the gift of mac'n cheese with olives for lunch. Followed by a cupcake chaser. We shared the gift of the hunting for grasshoppers while we raked out the gardens. And I absolutely relished the gift of her smile, and her mugging for the camera, as she impressed me with her pleases and thank yous.

Gifts come in all shapes and sizes, but I love the smiling, loving, and warm ones with the soft centers best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you share many characteristics with cupcakes, too!