Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh about a weak back

(From China -- when I could bend and look up with a camera pressed to my eye, simultaneously.)


All I can say, is thank God, this didn't happen while we were away.

I was picking up from our extravaganza when my back went. I knew something was up, but it took a few hours for the full affect to cement itself to my spine. I'm moving slowly -- but at least I am moving. And feel I should continue to do so, or I might become a performance art piece -- the human board. No bed rest, or I'll be that bed for eternity. But it's also no gardening, no picking up anything heavier than a piece of toast, no deep knee bends, as if I could do them before -- it's nice to dream, and breathing is still good.

It's ibuprofen and ice, my two new best friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, advil, ice and hot showers. Good Luck and rest rest rest.

Kris said...

I feel your pain! Really!
Massage helps... so does liquor.