Sunday, January 18, 2009

For Me...

photography is all about light, lines, motion, and emotion. One of my favorite movie lines is, "I see dead people." When taking pictures about town, I see shapes and spaces, lights and darks. On a recent trip to the compost bin I noticed the sunlight squeezing through the fence pickets. I was reminded of my physics lessons where I learn about the wave and particle properties of light. Here, in my backyard, I had a stunning example of light's wave properties. (Last winter I had a fantastic lesson on supercooling.)

Light wave or particle, its absence or presence, is what makes the picture.

It's snowing today. Perfect for taking pictures. Perfect for skiing. Perfect for playing. Perfect for a cup of tea, and knitting baby socks, cooking dinner and working on a sudoku. Just perfect.

No comments: