Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken!


When it comes to driving into the big bad city I find myself sounding a lot like Brer Rabbit, but in my case, I mean every word. "Please Mister, I'll drive the 10 and a half hours to Oberlin, Ohio, or 20 hours to Orlando, Florida, straight, but please, please don't make me drive 30 minutes, 60 with traffic, and then park in the big bad city." (Sounds rather silly, doesn't it?)

I've lived in this state most of my life. I used to work in the city. I take my daughter to that wonderful Children's Hopital with it's great valet parking in the city -- several times a year. I used to venture into the city for social entertainment in my younger years. So what is up now? Have I smartened up? Or grown more sedentary? Am I chicken?

Regardless, it is into the city we go. For it is Girl Scout night at the circus -- and I am sure we will all have endless amounts of fun. My smile is attempting to form already.

2 comments:

Tammy H. said...

I totally agree. When we lived in NJ we were six miles from NYC - but it should have been hundreds since I really disliked driving there. White knuckles, dry mouth and a headache usually accompanied the trips.

P.H. said...

We were hit from behind taking a turn in the city. No injuries, but a nice dent to remember GS Night at the Circus.