Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What do you see?

I went out for a walk today and as usual picked up an assortment of cans and bottles that littered my route. And as I was dumping my treasures into our recycle bin, the question, " What do you see?" popped into my head.

Is it just trash? Or do you see the Youth Ministry nickel for the bottle and the elementary school two cents from Terracycle for the Capri Sun bag. Do you?

Good, but look even closer...

I see a winter jacket. Or a special dress or birthday present for a small child who is being cared for at the Ronald McDonald House in Springfield, MA. Flip tops, collected one at a time, seemingly weightless, but when gathered together and cashed in bring smiles to many small faces.

Flip tops, litter on the side of the road, like small acts of kindness, go unnoticed. Rest assured flip tops and kindness go along way. Notice them.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

We do a bottle box for scouts and I agree, it is amazing how little and inconsequential can add up to something more.