Thursday, October 27, 2005

But-cept Your-chothers

My youngest has two phrases that I will miss when she starts to grow out of her preschool age, But-cept and your-chothers. I love it when she says, "I'll eat all my soup but-cept the mushrooms." Or when she says, "You love your-chothers." Once or twice I found myself correcting her. But I won't do it anymore. Such innocence.

My other two had similar phrases I swore I would never forget, but I have. It's sad that life's too many details clog my brain. The sweet memories are shoved into the darker recesses of my grey matter to make room for school and car pool schedules, playdate details, quick food shopping lists, or the latest most sought after birthday present must have.

Hopefully they're not lost forever. Perhaps when I am much older, and more forgetful my heart will be warmed by them. How could it not?
Just say, "You love your-chothers." Doesn't it put a smile on your face?

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

This is priceless...I can so picture this!!

Anonymous said...

PTCakes,

Cool! Our five year old http://themonthlymug.blogspot.com/2006/04/making-maple-syreeup-with-cousins.html says the same thing, "love our chothers", and of course we love her the more for it!

I picked up your blog from the boskydellfarm.blogspot.com

Rick in Hartland VT