Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas is still about Jesus

Since the early part of November the youth at St. George parish practiced three nights a week for our Christmas play, Just Believe. Children, age 5 to 17, learned songs, memorized lines, and picked up a few funky dance moves. And last night it all came together for them and the 250 people that packed the parish hall.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that sets the tone for the holiday more than this play. As much as I love listening to the Boston Pops, or Handel's Messiah, watching 38 young people explain the love of God, puts me over the moon. There were tears, laughter, and so much applause I am surprised the parish hall is still standing. And I would have to conclude it stands only by the love of God.

The people that braved the rain and came out for the show were not disappointed. All left with a smile and a full heart. And if you couldn't make it, I'd mark my calendar NOW for next year's performance.

Christmas is still about Jesus. And I thank the cast and crew of Just Believe, and God for this wonderful reminder. May you all have a happy and holy holiday. Merry Christmas.

No comments: